Monday, November 3, 2008

Introduction

Do you ever listen a song that you love over and over and are amazed that you never get tired of listening to it?

Have you wondered what makes a song so great?

Do you love music?

I do love music and I’ve spent my life dedicated to the art of music. I’ve found that almost every person I’ve encountered in my life enjoys music in a meaningful and personal way. I’ve created this blog to discuss great works of music and examine what makes them so powerful, not only in our culture but in our lives. In my studies, I’ve found commentary on classical music, however these writings are often too academic and esoteric to be meaningful to most people. On the popular music side, I often find reviews that connect music to people’s lives but lack the level of musical analysis that explains the theory that makes music great.

The Purple Reaction is a music blog that focuses on music in our culture and explores the history, theory and artistry that make the music we love so great. I will examine music that lay deep in our cultural consciousness that reflects our lives and how we define ourselves. This is a celebration of art, the emotional connections that we feel through music and the deep personal meaning we experience through great music.

I’m open for discussion and any suggestions of songs that you would like to comment on. If you have any questions feel free to contact and thanks for reading.
-Kingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment