Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Love Is Your Love by Whitney Houston

This is how I like to remember Whitney Houston.



With brilliant production by Wyclef Jean and simple but beautiful lyrics, Whitney proved in 1998 after years of controversy that she still had it.  She started in 1987 simply wanting to dance with somebody. . .



While this song is fun, that hair . . .wow.



Of course there's her unforgettable cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You."



I guess I go back to "My Love Is Your Love" which is one of my favorite songs of all time because it feels so much more real.  There's a warmth and relaxation in her voice and an honestly.  It's hopeful, where as "I Will Always Love You," really is a break-up song.   There's something so profound she captures in the second verse that gets to me every time I hear this song.   
If I lose my fame and fortune,
And I'm homeless on the street.
And I'm sleeping in Grand Central Station,
It's okay if you're sleeping with me.
 While you imagine the loneliness and despair of this situation, her voice is liarms warm embrace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment