Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Harry Potter And Somebody's Missing A Nose

I had a great time seeing Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows last weekend. It is without a doubt the best Harry Potter film out of the seven and the first since the first two that didn't feel rushed. Even without having read any of the books (I know I'll get on it), I could feel that things were left out in the other films but not in this one.

I love the slower pace and it really makes me wish they did each book as a full season television show. The atmosphere and the mood were great and I continue to be impressed with the actors especially the leads.  I also continue to be annoyed with the look of Voldemort. I know that he is suppose to have the look of a snake but sometimes things don't translate from the page from the screen.  Grandpre (the illustrator for the Harry Potter series) got it right with the angular face and big red eyes.   


Conan knows what I mean:



[note how all of this footage is from Part II!]

And to the girl a couple seats down from me who freaked out a end of the film "Oh My GOD!!! I can't believe I have to wait months to see what happens!!!" go buy the book or at least read the wiki summary . . . like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment