Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Round 15: Viva La Vida Throwdown

One of my favorite songs of all time (which I wrote about in this earlier blog) performed by three of my favorite artist.

There's Weezer with their understated passion managing to be both celebratory and regretful all at the same time.



Taylor gently sings this song simply her angelic voice somehow making this song seem deeply personal (y'know it's not her lyrics that make her songs so feel so genuine).



Then there's Gaga. She reminds that she is a classically trained pianist and what it really means to be Lady Gaga.



I couldn't tell you which one I like the best. I'm simply awed at Coldplay's masterpiece. They managed to make a song that told such a specific story but was able to be interpreted in so many different ways.

Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment