Friday, January 8, 2010

Buffy's vacation blog

To Aunt Janet & Uncle Jim,

It took some effort as Buffy was running around your house but I eventually picked her up, cradled her in my arms on her back so I could say goodbye. Staying at your house for five days while Diana and I visited my family in Seattle was the longest Diana and I have been away from Buffy.

As I tried to talk to her, Buffy twisted her head and torso around towards the boys in the other room gesturing, “Kingsley, put me DOWN!! There’s boys over there I need to chase!” I gave her a hug, told her to be good and let her down and she immediately bolted to the back of the house.

In the car, driving away I felt a hollow sadness of having leaving Buffy but seeing the way that she ran off, knowing how much fun she would have and how well she would be taken care of, I couldn’t help but smile.

During our first day in Seattle Diana and I wondered how Buffy was doing but we didn’t feel a need to call. I mean you got Bitsy, your collie, Kibbles and Willow, your two cats and three sons. Diana and I were 100% confident that you could handle anything with Buffy.

Still we wondered . . .

To our surprise we that evening we got an e-mail from Buffy. (thanks for helping her with the typing, she’s not very good with the keyboard).

*****
Dear Mom,

Today was FUN! I goofed off all day! Potty in backyard! Poopy on walk! Long walk! Loving Kibbles! I think Bitsey is cool!


Me and Bitsey with chew toys!!

The boys are fun! I took a nap! I had a minor potty accident and didn't get in trouble! Willow hisses at me but I'm sure we're going to get along great! Love boys! Love house! Love yard! I love snow!

running around the yard with boys!

I love to run in the yard and get Bitsey to run! Love to bark! Love everyone! No time to eat! Didn't eat any legos! Was very interested in catnip! Can't wait to find out what happens tomorrow! WOW!

Although, of course I miss you somewhere in there but right now I'm not thinking of that. Gotta go, Kibbles is calling for me to chase him.

Your girl,
Buffy

*****

This e-mail really made Diana feel great (well, except that stuff about the accident). Being at your house is an upgrade for Buffy. She has a fenced in yard, kids to play with as well as other animals. These are things that we want for Buffy but we can't give her right now. It was clear in Buffy's second e-mail to us that these things meant a lot to her.

*****

I love all Peterson's! I learned that I can whine and go OUT! I learned when I'm called, I can come IN! I don't need to avoid coming in because I know whenever I want to use the yard, I can go! So I spend the day, IN! OUT! IN! OUT! Love outside. Love outside!


sledding. . . yeah not so sure about this

Doggies are all over! They are on the other side of the fence. They bark. I run to the back door for protection! Then I get brave and hide behind Bitsey and get closer to the fence. Then they bark. I run for the backdoor for protection ! Bitsey is my big cousin! Cool! I dug a hole under the trampoline all by myself! Uncle Jim had to clean up my paws. I was a messy puppy but I had FUN! FUN!

Long walks! Treats! SNOW! SNOW! Dogs everywhere, I meet them on my walks. Friends! Schedule, what schedule? (ooops, not supposed to tell you that).

Love boys! So many! Kibbles keeps trying to steal my food. We lock food in my cage and Kibbles puts his long arms in and tries to grab a nibble. He keeps taking my tug of war toy. Bark! Bark!

Kibbles being silly

He tried to take my bed so we had to lock it. (I stole Bitsey's bed. She pushed me away.) Kibbles is great. Great. He loves when I chase him around the house. We had a 3 against 3 game (Bitsey, Kibbles, me) and it was awesome. We sound like horses galloping upstairs. Soon Willow will be my BFF! I'm sure!

Today is beauty day. Have to go. Chris is calling for me.

Love
Buffy

p.s.: Miss you! Bark!



*****

One of the ways that you know that someone meet out with is really cares about you is how they care about things that you love. Your whole family’s care of Buffy during our trip really speaks to how invested you are in Diana and I. That means a lot.

Buffy is very lucky to have a great Aunt and Uncle and we are very grateful to you for taking care of our little girl and embracing her as family. We will definitely be having visits sooner rather than later so that Buffy can spend more time with all of you.

Thanks
-Kings

*****

THX 4 LETTIN ME STAY AT UR PLACE.
I HAD GREAT TIEM PLAYIN WIF ALL OV U AN I CAN’T WAIT 2 COME BAK 2 VISIT. UR HOUZ SMELLS GREAT AN THAR R LOTZ DA THINGS 2 CHASE. YARD IZ GREAT AN I LUV PLAYIN WIF ALL OV U.

I MIS U. TAEK CARE, BUFFY

3 comments:

  1. why doesn't buffy spell anything right in her thank you letter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Buff-meister,

    You are welcome at our house anytime! If you didn't have a stellar upbringing already, you wouldn't have been such a joy to have here, so your human parents are doing quite well in raising you to be a real dog!

    All our pets, and the boys, went through a bit of a "down" time after you left. They kept looking around corners for you. So please come back and visit real soon. The snow is not the same without you. Also, without you here, there ARE actually parts of our yard that doesn't have doggy prints.

    You rule! :-)

    p.s.: Willow says, alright, you can come back. You are acceptable, at least for a CANINE.

    ReplyDelete