Monday, January 11, 2021

Parenthood: Week 405 – 1/11/22

Walking

We always suspected that Lucas would walk sooner than his brothers did developmentally. He's got two older brothers that he wants to keep up with.

He had a short army crawl face, figured out to get his butt up for a solid crawl, and he's been cruising around holding himself up on coffee tables and couches.

Lucas can walk about 3-5 steps if you hold his hands and give him a running start. He's just started to be able to pull himself up on a chair and launch his walk from. He hasn't quite figured out how to stand up from a sitting position and walk.

The adorable thing about Lucas walking is how he laughs he finds walking. He's always giggling with each step he takes. I think it's pride, joy, and fun all wrapped up in a huge smile.

I'll soon be chasing him around the house, but until then, I'll enjoy helping him up and letting him take a couple of steps and fall joyously into Diana's arms.

 

Mother and Kingsley

Last week, Ethan called Diana "mother," and he called me "Kingsley." I don't know why. I don't have any clue where he got this from, but he has started doing this.

Ethan also has become very good at saying, "thank you." The times when he really likes a meal, he is effusive with his compliments. I've also noticed that when I tell him about things I've done for him, like clean his bedsheets, he is very appreciative.

Often Ethan also completely ignores me when I tell him to stop doing something. He can scream louder than any human I've ever heard when having a tantrum. He is better with his sleep, but he still gets up too early, far too often. However, Ethan's sweet side is starting to come out more often, and it's adorable and endearing.

 

Big Brother

One of the major reasons that Ethan has thrived during the pandemic is Ollie. Yes, they have their squabbles, but more often than not, they are wonderful with each other, and so much of that is Ollie.

As the older brother, Ollie is the one that teaches Ethan how to play. Ollie is the one that has to display patience when Ethan isn't playing well or doing something right. Ollie cares so much about his younger brother, and he has included him in his play so often. He does for Ethan, like finding him his favorite television show and helping him fix toys that Ethan breaks. 

There's so much we don't see, small moments when Ollie is there for Ethan, and Ethan benefits in ways that will resonate throughout his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment